August 11, 2006

Thirty something (30而立)


In Taiwan, there are couple new terms to label the girls in thirties; they are 熟女,歐巴桑少女.
It varies by persons, but the attributes to describe these thirties-girls may be-
independent,
experienced,
confident,
aggressive,
wondering,
realistic,
...
Some are negatives and some are positives.

I am in thirties. I am glad that looking back I don't have things to regret. Well, of course there are things to improve and learn, but I am happy about where I am and what I have. As for how do I feel the stupid mistakes I ever made? Well, it is the mistake, those unpefection, that I learned to try more and harder to be refined.

###

He- I have him join my thirties, so my thirties become an enjoyable, different life compared to the twenties. Although there are things to learn in a couple's life, I/we am/are pretty joyful and appreciated to have each other moving forward.

People- In additionl to the good friends who have known me since my early twenties or even before, I have couple others known from work. Although we have such a different route to approach life and experience, I appreciate their thoughtfulness and always been kindness.

Earning a living- Well I am glad the past school experience and work experience help me to become what I am. Although there isn't always smooth and easy, the obstacle allows me to find a solution and learn lessons with a positive attitude. It is the obstacle that makes me unique from others!

###

I am in thirties. I am older and lazier. Because of all the experience been through, I tend to be satisfactory and not adventurous. The idea of staying where I am (career and people) often occupies my mind. Hmm..this is probably not considered a good thing since not trying something/people new may occur less exposure to the dynamic world.

By all means, I am in thirties but not thirsty. If new challenges come, I will still face them, firmly. With appreciation of what I have, thank the families, friends, and the life path I have marched by.
Cheers.

No comments: